12x25 w/fins on 40": Kick/drill/swim by 25's
- Drill of choice: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQNRt0Ix5GD5LRUCUGOFOkDBo1snRnquO
Main Set: Set up for group swim, so we all went on the same intervals.
6x75's to 125's - get in what you can on a 1:30 interval
- Pulling those
9x50 on 1:00 interval - no gear
- #1: Fast
- #2-3: Easy
6 rounds of the below w/fins on:
- 25 SPRINT on 40"
- 50 easy on 1:20
- If you have more than 1 person in your lane then gap by 10 seconds for cleaner water.
(1350 to 1650 main set)
2nd portion: Mental training - only have 6 stay for the 6-6:30 segment.
Swim either a 500 or 750
- swim it as: 100 cruise, 25 push (80% roughly)
- Goal: Stay mentally engaged, counting your laps, but more importantly, not letting your form go to crap at the end of a tiring work/training week.
Warm down: Long warm down especially if coming off the sprint set.
- 300 easy swimming, shaking things out.